- Combine ingredients in bread machine. Set to dough cycle. Check on consistency and add milk or flour, 1 T at a time to adjust. (1h20)
- Punch down dough on lightly floured surface. Divide into 3 pieces. Gently stretch each piece into long rope.
- Braid bread starting from the middle. Tuck ends under. Place in greased loaf pan.
- Let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 190C 25-30 until golden brown. Lower rack or cover with foil to prevent top from burning if you are using a mini-oven.
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Sweet Egg Bread
I prefer the Golden Egg Bread recipe over this one, which I found to be too sweet. However it turned out beautifully as a braid in a loaf pan baked in the oven, instead of the bread machine. So I would definitely use this shaping method in the future with other loaves.