Feb 2013: Made these again, again batter was really thick, so added some milk. Came out to only 11 very small muffins. Needs improving.
2/8/13: Made these again adding 1/2 t baking soda, 1/2 c milk + 1 T lemon juice, and another egg. Made 12 good sized muffins that rose appropriately.
5/6/13: Changed it up again and finally got these with a good texture. Modifying below and putting original in parens.
5/24/15: Used a newer baking powder and it was bubbling while stirring it altogether which has never happened before. Also used less sugar and just as good, so also adjusted below. Very spongy.
- 1.5 c flour
- 1/2 c sugar (2/3 c)
- 2 t powder
- 1/2 t soda (not in original recipe)
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 t grated lemon zest
- 1 c (1/2 c) vanilla yogurt (or plain)
- 3 T canola oil
- 4 (3) T lemon juice
- 2 (1) eggs
- 1 c frozen raspberries
- In a large bowl, combine flour, powder, salt and lemon zest.
- In small bowl, combine yogurt, sugar, oil, lemon juice and egg.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Stir in raspberries.
- Divvy out to 12 muffin cups and bake at 400F/200C for 27 (22) minutes (or until the top springs back when lightly touched).
- Let cool on wire rack. Eat some now and freeze the rest for eating later (microwave at 30 seconds to warm).