2/27/16 Made this again adjusted and came out better. Would increase milk even more next time. Editing below and putting old amounts in brackets.
5/10/16 Made this with a partial loaf of bread in a smaller pan but same amount of filling. Tasty!
- 1 loaf egg bread (like the Challah loaf from Metro), can be old and dry
- 6 eggs
- 1.5 c milk (could try increasing to 1.75 c next time) [1 c]
- 1 T vanilla
- 1 t cinnamon [1/2 t]
- 1/3 t nutmeg
- dash of cloves
- 1 c pumpkin puree [3/4 c]
- 1/4 c sugar [1/3 c]
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Cut bread into large cubes. Place in baking dish.
- Beat eggs, milk, pumpkin, sugar and other spices in a large bowl.
- Pour over bread.
- Cover in saran wrap and let sit overnight.
- In the morning, bake at 350F for 55 minutes.
- Let cool until warm. Serve with fresh fruit.