- 1/2 c butter
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 2.5 c flour
- 1.5 t soda
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 t ginger
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 c molasses
- 1/2 c honey
- 1 c water
- Melt the butter.
- Combine with sugar and egg.
- Add flour, soda, spices and salt.
- Add molasses, honey and water. Use mixer to blend until mostly smooth.
- Pour into 8x8 pan and bake at 180C/350F for 50 min or until cooked through.
- Add grated peel of one orange.
- Use cold coffee instead of water.
This turned out ridiculously moist and flavorful, though a little too sweet. So next time I might reduce the honey to 1/3 c and the sugar to 1/3 c. Also try a 9" round cake pan and try to get away with cooking it for less time.
5/20/10 Only had 1/3 c molasses and 1/3 c honey left. Blended until smooth in blender - lots of air bubbles. Baked in 9" cake pan at 180C for 50 min. Rose very high and unevenly. Honey had too strong of a taste (a kind I don't like). Otherwise ok.