- 1/4 c + 2 T all-purpose flour
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 1/8 t baking soda
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 T buttermilk (or milk + lemon juice)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 3 T salted butter, melted and cooled (or unsalted + 1/8 t salt)
- Sift the flour, cocoa and soda in a medium bowl. Stir in the sugar.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to combine buttermilk, egg and vanilla.
- Pour in cooled butter, beating with fork the whole time.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir just until flour is incorporated.
- Divide evenly into two greased ramekins. Spread batter evenly by rotating dish.
- Bake 25-30 minutes at 170C or until fork comes out clean.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes.
- Invert onto plate and serve as desired.
Serve with custard filling, frosting, fruit or plain.
12/12/10 Made with buttermilk.