Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mango Bread

I started making banana bread, but realized I didn't have any bananas to use. I merged the banana recipe with several mango ones I found online. This bread turned out incredibly moist. However, I wasn't that happy with the mango flavor - it didn't seem to come out. Perhaps next time increase to two cups of mango?
  • 2 c flour
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 2 t baking soda
  • 3/4 c sugar
  • 2 t cinnamon
  • 1/2 c butter, softened-melted
  • 1.5 c mango
  • 2 eggs
  1. Mix the dry ingredients together.
  2. Add the softened butter, mashed mango and eggs.
  3. Pour into 9x5 loaf pan. Let sit 20 minutes.
  4. Bake at 180C/350F for 50-60 min.
Hints
- use a mango variety that isn't stringy/fibery.

- try this recipe next time: http://foodblogga.blogspot.com/2009/03/move-over-banana-bread-mango-breads-in.html

No comments: