1 pkg active dry yeast (2.25 t)
3.5 c bread flour
1 t salt
1.25 c warm water
- Place ingredients in bread machine according to manufacturers directions. Start dough cycle.
- Remove dough with floured hands and cut in thirds on floured surface.
- Take each piece of dough and roll to make a loaf about 12 inches long in the shape of a baguette. Taper ends.
- Place on greased baking sheet and cover with a towel.
- Let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450°F/230°C. Place pan of water on bottom rack (This ensures a nice crust).
- Make diagonal slashes about 2 inches apart down each baguette.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool. Eat immediately - plain or filled!