- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
- olive oil
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1/2 T Chinese chili powder
- 1/2 T cayenne pepper
- 1/2 T cumin
- 1 can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 28 oz can whole tomatoes, diced (with liquid)
- 6 oz tomato paste
- Heat oil in a pan and cook the onion, bell pepper and garlic.
- Add the carrot.
- Add spices.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, and paste. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low and cook for one hour.
Add other vegetables like mushrooms, cabbage, or zucchini.
Substitute pinto beans for kidney beans.
3/10/10 Served with freshly baked bread rolls.