- In a small pan, dump the sugar and water. Heat to boiling and then reduce to low. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Do not mix while heating.
- Transfer syrup to bowl and let cool.
- Puree the strawberries until smooth.
- Add lemon juice and syrup and puree another 30 seconds.
- Remove ice cream maker container from freezer. Place in plastic holder. Pour strawberry mixture inside. Put in mixer, place cover, and attach handle. Immediately crank 4 times.
- Crank 2-4 times every minute until difficult to turn (or desired consistency).
- Enjoy immediately or transfer to an air tight container and keep in freezer up to 3 days.
A tablespoon of vodka (or any other type of alcohol) will keep the sorbet soft. Alcohol won't freeze, so adding a little keeps the sorbet from hardening too much. Vodka won't affect the taste. Add 2 minutes from finish time.