- Place eggs in deep pot. Add cold water so eggs are covered by at least 1" of water. Heat to boiling. Immediately cover and turn off the heat. Let sit for 10-15 minutes. Put eggs in small container and run cold water over eggs until cooled. Dry the eggs and place them in a covered container in the fridge to cool for at least 2 hours.
- Peel the eggs. Cut in half. Set whites on plate. Put yolks in a bowl.
- Mash up the yolks. Add 1 t mustard. Add mayo, 1 T at a time until desired consistency. Add additional mustard if desired. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place in piping bag and pipe back into egg whites.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Instead of garlic powder, use a minced clove of garlic or horseradish.
- Add something green: minced green onions, chives, cilantro or parsley.
- Use a curry base instead of mustard.
2 serrano chiles, seeded and minced
1/2 c mayo
1 t fresh lemon juice
2 t dried mustard powder
1/4 t cayenne powder
1/4 t pure chile powder
1/4 t paprika
1/2 t salt
1 t chopped cilantro
1 t chopped chives