Made this for dinner and kept the leftovers for freezer meals. Day of was *** but leftovers was ****
11/14/12 Had one of the frozen jars for dinner. Moved from freezer to fridge night before. Was still frozen next evening, so left in tub of water for a while (an hour?). Heated on stove top and served with rice. Delicious!
1/16/13 Made this again using 10 thighs, 3 T fresh ginger plus ~1/2 T powdered ginger, 1 giant sweet potato and 2 zucchini - used the spicy east indian curry powder and asoefetida instead of onion - delicious!
8/13/13 Used 6 breasts, 1 giant sweet potato, 3 carrots, 1 home grown zucchini, 2 granny smith apples, no onion, ~10 cl garlic, no sugar and only a dash of salt (to make better for baby to taste). 3.5 c low sodium chicken broth and gold label (thick) coconut milk. Didn't have enough fresh ginger so put in a bit of powdered ginger. Cooked chicken in cast iron pan and the rest in the big one (where in the past the chicken sticks to the bottom of it).
5/27/16 Used 4 breasts, 1 giant sweet potato, 4 carrots, 2 apples, no onion/zuc. Used cumin/coriander/cayenne/pepper/turmeric mixture on chicken and partial Kensington Hot Curry Powder plus all the rest of the Jamaican curry packages. Meant to put in green beans but ran out! All in cast iron wok.
- 6 chicken thighs + 1 chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 3 T flour
- 1 T curry powder (I used mix of Madras and Jamaican)
- 4 T ginger, finely chopped
- 6 cl garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green apple, chopped (would increase this next time to 2)
- 3 T curry powder
- 6+ T flour
- 1 t sea salt (or none for Baby Led Weaning)
- 1 T sugar (or none for Baby Led Weaning)
- 2.5 c chicken broth (low sodium/home made no salt for Baby Led Weaning)
- 1 can coconut milk
- Optional: 1 sweet potato, 1 zucchini, carrots: chopped
- Combine first 3 ingredients (chicken, flour, curry powder) in a bowl to coat.
- Fry lightly in oil for just a few minutes until cooked. Set aside.
- Combine garlic, ginger, onion, apple, curry powder, flour, sugar and salt in a frying pan with the optional veggies. Fry on medium heat for ~10 minutes until the ingredients mold together and onions are transparent.
- Add liquids (broth and coconut milk). Stir frequently until heated through and thickened. Add more flour as needed to thicken.
- Add the breaded chicken.
- Serve over rice.
- Let cool and store in mason jars, leaving room for expansion. Freeze. When ready to serve, thaw and reheat, serve over rice.