Threw together this afternoon, with many interruptions. Would prefer a recipe that didn't require mixing spinach with cheese. Defrosting and squeezing excess water also took a while. Otherwise was very simple to prepare and turned out ok. Would add sliced mushrooms/zucchini next time (of course that also makes it more labor intensive). I used a jar of Paul Newmans basil and tomato sauce, followed by Ragu original (which was much more watery than the Paul Newman jar). ***
12/6/12 Made this with giant mushroom in the first layer, half a zucchini in the 2nd, and another mushroom on the top layer. More delicious! Used a jar of Paul Newmans cheese tomato sauce and topped off with Classico portobello mushroom. ****
- 2 pkg frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1 c ricotta
- 1/2 c parmesan
- 3 c spaghetti sauce (1 jar + a bit from another)
- 6 lasagna noodles, no boil kind (or not)
- 1.5 c shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 c parmesan*
- optional: extra veggies (mushroom, zucchini, ...)
- Combine spinach, ricotta and parmesan.
- Put 3/4 cup sauce on bottom of 4 quart slow cooker. Spread evenly.
- Layer 2 noodles, broken apart to fit. Spread 3/4 c sauce, then half of the spinach mixture, (optional veggies,) and 1/2 c mozzarella. Repeat.
- Layer 2 noodles, remaining 3/4 c sauce, (optional veggies,) 1/2 c mozzarella and 1/4 c parmesan.
- Cover and cook on low for 3.5-4 hours, until noodles are done and cheese is slightly browned.