12/19/12 update: had the freezer one today. Texture was very strange - would not recommend freezing this after all. Just refrigerate.
- less than 3 lbs potatoes
- 5 cups broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- black pepper
- 1/4 t cayenne
- 1 pkg cream cheese (8 oz)
- Peel potatoes and cut into large chunks (~1" cubes).
- Put all ingredients in slow cooker, EXCEPT for cream cheese.
- Cook on high for 4.5 hours. The potatoes should be fork tender.
- Puree half of the soup, along with cubed cream cheese.
- Optional: Garnish with chopped scallions, shredded cheese, bacon, etc.
Potato Soup I - stove top