- 6 organic carrots, diced
- 1 can green lentils
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- oil or butter
- crushed red pepper
- soup stock
- 1 t cumin
- thyme, big pinch
- Saute the onions for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic. Saute for another 2 minutes. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper.
- Add the carrots. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add soup stock, spices and lentils. Let simmer.
- Blend half the soup.
- Serve immediately with grated mozzarella and baked bagel chips.
Bagel Chips - slice bagel into thin pieces. Place on baking sheet and cook for 2 minutes on highest rack at 400F. Flip pieces and cook for 1 minute more.