- 1 15-oz can pinto beans
- 1/4 onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 T oil
- salt + pepper
- optional: cheese
- Mash the undrained beans in a bowl. Note: A potato masher is a lot easier than a fork!
- Heat the oil in a small pan.
- Add the onion and garlic. Stir until translucent.
- Add the beans. Continue stirring until boiling. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Continue stirring until enough liquid has evaporated to suit your taste - about 5 minutes.
- Season as desired. Stir in cheese if using. Serve immediately!
Variations and Notes
Blend half the beans first.
Add chili powder and cumin.
5/29/10 Use one can of pinto beans and two cans of berlotti/fagoli/cranberry beans with 1 onion, 9 cl garlic, and 1 t? cumin. Put in 8x8 dish and topped with mozzarella. Good for burrito filling and as chip dip.
ZhongXiao Fuxing Wellcome used to have pinto beans, but did not have any (nor gorbanzo beans) on the 5/29/10 visit.