Thursday, December 24, 2009

Gingerbread Muffins

I've got that bottle of molasses to use up so I thought I'd make another go of a gingerbread treat. This time in the form of muffins. I modified a recipe I found online - increased the spices, reduced the molasses (I thought the upside down pear cake was molasses heavy) replacing it with more brown sugar, added raisins and made it in the form of muffins.
  • 1.5 c flour
  • 1 t ginger
  • 1 t cinnamon
  • 1/8 t cloves
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1/2 t powder
  • 1/2 t soda
  • 1/2 c butter, melted
  • 1/2 c brown sugar
  • 1/4 c molasses
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 c water, very hot
  • handful of raisins
  1. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
  2. Line 12 muffin tray with paper liners (or grease).
  3. In a large bowl, combine wet ingredients.
  4. Add dry ingredients to wet.
  5. Stir in raisins.
  6. Distribute among muffin cups evenly.
  7. Bake at 180C for 20-25 min.
Notes
Next time, more ginger!

No comments: