- 3 medium Yukon gold potatoes
- 16 oz frozen spinach (2 packages, or 1 large package)
- 1/2 med onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- Curry powder (garam masala mix)
- Boil the potatoes until softened but still firm (not fork split/mashable).
- Add the spinach at the end.
- Drain. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the garlic. Fry 1 minute. Add the onion.
- Add spices (cinnamon, coriander, mustard seeds, paprika, cardamom, ginger, turmeric).
- Add spinach-potato mixture.
- Keep at low heat for 20 minutes so spinach can absorb the flavors.
- Season with salt as needed.
- Serve with rice or bread (naan).
Too much potato! Not enough spice flavor.
only one potato. Add turmeric.
Maybe cook the spinach separately. Combine with garlic and then puree.
Add yogurt to make it creamy.