- 1 large mango, diced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 chili pepper (jalapeno or other), chopped
- 1/2 c cilantro, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 t salt
- 2 T lime juice (or lemon)
- 1/2 c red onion, chopped
- 3 T olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine mango, avocado, tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro and garlic.
- Add salt, lime juice, red onion and olive oil.
- Transfer to jars and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with chips, on top of baked fish, or in a burrito.
Use papaya or pineapple instead of mango.
Add cucumber, red bell pepper, ...
Add 1 t minced fresh ginger.
5/29/10 Used ai-wen mangoes, no avocado, and 2 peppers from the roof (Stewart's gift). Next time, be sure to wear gloves when chopping the chili. The peppers tasted quite spicy fresh (had a burning left hand for 8 hours) but did not come through in the salsa after marinating.
6/12/10 Used ai-wen mangoes and 2 avocados.
6/26/18 Used several mangoes, several avocados, roma tomatoes, garlic, 1/2 a small purple onion and 1 jalapeno. It was not spicy at all - recommend leaving jalapeno seeds in next time.