Mango Ice Cream **** [vegetarian]
- 2.5 c mango puree
- 1 1/4 c milk
- 1/3 c heavy cream
- 1 T fresh lime juice
- 3 T white sugar
- Blend first 4 ingredients.
- Add sugar to taste (depending on sweetness of mangoes).
- If mangoes were chilled, then pour half into ice cream maker. Chill remaining half and make next day.
Note: I used 1% but next time I would use whole, and less of it, and increase the amount of cream and mangoes.
Mango Sorbet ***** [lactose-free, vegan]
- 2 ai-wen mangoes, diced, chilled or frozen
- 1/3 c water
- 1/3 c sugar
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- lime zest
- Bring water and sugar to boil in a small pot. Let cook until sugar is dissolved. Pour syrup into bowl and let cool.
- Blend mangoes with lime juice and zest.
- Add syrup to taste (I used 2/3 of the amount).
- Pour into ice cream maker and stir until desired consistency.
Add fresh grated ginger or dark chocolate pieces or 1 T dark rum.
Haven't Tried Yet
Creamy Mango Sorbet
1/4 c sugar
1 c cream
[optional: 1 c ice]
[optional: a little salt]
Easy Mango Sorbet
2-3 fresh mangoes
1 c confectioner sugar (or to taste)
2 lemons, juice only
Mangoes not in season? Try strawberry froyo or sorbet.