- 1/3 c all purpose flour
- 1/3 c cornstarch
- 1/3 c cocoa
- 4 eggs, separated
- 3/4 c sugar, divided
- 1 t vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Use a 9" round cake pan with high sides or a springform pan. Line bottom with foil or wax paper. Grease bottom and flour sides generously.
- Sift flour, cornstarch and cocoa into a medium bowl.
- In a separate medium bowl, cream yolks, half the sugar and vanilla using an electric mixer - 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whip whites and salt until soft peaks form. Add sugar gradually and whip until stiff.
- Fold dry ingredients and yolk mixture into egg white mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 min at 180C/350F on middle shelf or until center is firm to the touch.
- Separate cake from sides of pan with knife. Invert, right side up, onto cooling rack.
- Serve with chocolate mousse or ice cream.
This was the recipe that came with the bend'n'bake silicone cake pan.
- 8 whole eggs
- 250 g caster sugar
- 200 g plain flour
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 1 t baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180C/356F.
- In an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Sift together flour, cocoa and baking powder.
- Gently fold with a spatula the flour mix into the egg mixture.
- Pour mixture into mould. Place into a preheated oven for approx 35-40 min.