- 1 small pumpkin (about 700 g), diced into 1.5 cm cubes
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 50 g pine nuts, toasted
- cream (optional) - just a gloop
- freshly ground black pepper
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 200 g pasta eg. farfalle, penne, spirals
- freshly grated Parmesan
- Place the pumpkin on a flat baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and roast in the oven for about 20 min, or until cooked and starting to turn brown at the edges.
- When pumpkin is cooked, wilt the spinach in a pan, and add the pumpkin and the oily juices.
- Add the cream if using.
- Carefully stir through cooked pasta.
- Add some pepper, nutmeg and Parmesan, and serve.
Add sliced onion, sliced mushrooms, and/or chopped pancetta at the start.
I used 3 glops of ricotta instead of cream, and sprinkled emmentel instead of Parmesan.
Cut up the pumpkin and roasted with the skin on. Peeled off the skin after. Used Chinese long-shu-cai, parmesan and left out the pine nuts and cream. Delicious! Next time more nutmeg.