Saturday, November 21, 2015

Pumpkin Yeast Bread

I've always thought of Pumpkin Bread as a quick bread but thought I'd try this one as a yeast bread. It's got cranberries and pumpkin seeds too. This loaf looks nice with the pumpkin giving it color and the specks of red and green. It also has great texture from the crunch of seeds and chew of the berries. I can't attest to taste because I've lost my sense of it due to illness. MM says it's just ok but great texture. Great toasted with butter.
  • 1/2 c milk, warmed
  • 1/2 c pumpkin
  • 1 egg
  • 1.25 t salt
  • 1/4 c sugar
  • 2 T butter, room temperature
  • 2.75 c flour
  • 1/2 t allspice
  • 1/4 t ginger
  • 1/4 t nutmeg
  • 1.5 t yeast
  • 1/2 c craisins
  • 1/4 c pumpkin seeds
  1. Put all ingredients except cranberries and seeds in bread machine.
  2. Set to 1.5 lb, medium, sweet cycle.
  3. At beep, add cranberries and pumpkin seeds.

No comments: