Spinach Feta Twist
An olive bread finished outside the bread machine. Presents well. ***
- 10 oz frozen spinach
- 1 T melted butter
- 1 t minced garlic
- 1/4 c grated parmesan
- 2 t oregano
- 1/2 c crumbled feta
- 1/4 c sliced kalamata olivse
- 1 egg white
- 1 T water
- optional: 1 T grated parmesan
- Set dough ingredients in bread machine and set to dough cycle.
- Defrost spinach in microwave. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Stir in the butter, garlic, parmesan and oregano.
- Remove dough from machine and turn onto lightly floured surface. Let rest for 10-15 min.
- Roll to 18x15" rectangle.
- Spread filling to within 1/2" of edges. Sprinkle on feta and olives.
- From long side, tightly roll it up. Pinch seams to seal.
- Place on parchment paper on cookie sheet. Cut in half lengthwise with scissors. Twist the halves together and make into round, keeping the cut sides up. (Alternatively, place into greased tube pan.)
- Cover and let rise 45-60 min.
- Combine egg white and water and brush onto dough. Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake at 375F for 45-55 min or until done.
- Eat as snack or serve with salad for a meal.
1.5 lb basic loaf bread.
- 1 c water
- 1/3 c crumbled feta
- 3 t minced garlic
- 1.25 t salt
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T maple syrup
- 3.5 c flour (all purpose or bread)
- 3 t basil
- 1/2 c sliced kalamata olives
- 3/4 t yeast