- 3 c flour
- 1/4 c sugar
- pinch salt
- 2 sticks butter (8 oz/225 g)
- 2 eggs
- 3-5 T cold water
- 10 oz cream cheese (~1.2 packages), softened
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 T orange zest
- 1/2 c sliced almonds
- 12 oz raspberries (2 small punnets or 1 extra long one)
- 1 egg, separated
- For the dough, combine the flour, sugar and salt.
- Cut the butter in (or coarsely grate). Stir.
- Add the eggs and water, and mix until combined but still clumpy.
- Roll into 2 balls. Flatten each and refrigerate for at least 30 min.
- For the filling, mix the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and zest.
- Roll the dough flat. Cut out small circles. (Refrigerate as you go, and roll out the circles if they shrink.)
- Put a spoonful of the cheese mixture in the middle. Top with 2-3 raspberries (or whatever will fit), and a sprinkling of almonds.
- Moisten the edges of the pastry with egg white and fold in half and seal the edges.
- Brush on the yolk and immediately top with more slice almonds (so they stick).
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Poke holes with a toothpick or slice the tops with a knife, to let the moisture escape while baking (and prevent explosions).
- Bake at 375 for 20-55 min. (Original directions said 20-25, but I had to keep them in for a long time before they were browned).