4/21/14 Well received at work for PLCM release
- 2 c flour
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t soda
- 2 t powder
- ~1 c dried coconut
- 2 eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- ~3/4 c crushed pineapple (pressed, reserve liquid)
- ~1/2 c pineapple juice (~7 oz) (if using coconut cream)
- ~1/2 c coconut cream OR ~1 c coconut milk
- 1-2 limes - zest plus juice
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In small bowl, beat eggs, vanilla, pineapple, liquid and zest. Ingredients with [~] are estimates.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients, mixing minimally. If too thick, add more pineapple juice/coconut milk.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake at 400F for 25 minutes.
- Let cool on rack.
- Optional: While still warm, poke holes with fork. Pour lime or pineapple juice into muffin to add more flavor.
Optional: Lime Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 pkg cream cheese, softened
- ~1 c confectioners sugar
- 1 lime: zest, plus some juice
- Beat ingredients together for smooth consistency.
- Add more juice to thin down, more sugar to thicken.
- Spread on muffins to make them more cupcake like.
- 4/19/14 Ran out of coconut, so only had about 1/4 c in it. Used coconut cream (cream from top of can) and extra pineapple juice. Very moist. Could use more pineapple and lime.
- 4/20/14 Used 2 extra large eggs, less pineapple, and coconut milk (instead of cream...leftover from previous can). Batter was very wet. Topped with frosting.