Saturday, February 27, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins

With a touch of banana and no additional oil or butter, this recipe is apparently meant for bikers (since fats need more processing in the body). I just had one that was cooled down and it was pretty good. There was even a chunk of peanut butter in the middle because I used the peanut butter spoon to spoon the batter into the tins. For my upcoming week-long bike trip I think hunger levels will get to the point where they might get 5 stars...so I'll update when I get back!
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 mashed banana
  • 1/2 c soft yogurt
  • 1/2 c milk
  • 1 t vanilla
  • 1 3/4 c flour
  • 1/2 c sugar
  • 1/4 c cocoa powder
  • 2 t cream of tartar + 1 t baking soda (OR 1 T baking powder)
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1/2 c peanut butter
  1. In a large bowl, mix the first set of wet ingredients.
  2. In a smaller bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
  3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones. Halfway through mixing, add the peanut butter. Mix until just combined.
  4. Divide into 12 greased muffin tins.
  5. Bake 200C for 20 min.
  6. Remove immediately from pan and let cool.
Notes
These muffins rose quite nicely and came out of lightly greased tins, despite the lack of oil/butter in the batter. They also seem quite spongy. I used a cream of tartar-soda combo because I'm out of baking powder.

No comments: